Under Interest Accrued Activities
Fund.—The interest accrued on monies in the State Fund shall be used in the following manner:—
- not less than sixty per cent. of the interest transferred to the State Fund and further accrued on the amount available in the State Fund referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be spent on activities for the purpose of conservation and development of forest and wildlife namely:-
- to offset the incremental cost of compensatory afforestation and penal compensatory afforestation at the increased wage rates;
- to offset the incremental cost of catchment area treatment plan at the increased wage rates;
- to offset the incremental cost of wildlife management plan at the increased wage rates;
- for disbursement of sitting fees and allowances to nominated members of the State Authority;
- activities referred to in sub-rules (2) and (3) of rule 5;
- not more than forty per cent. of the interest transferred to the State Fund and further accrued on the amount available in the State Fund shall be spent for the non-recurring and recurring expenditure of the State Authority, namely:—
- management of office establishment;
- office equipment including computers and peripherals and its maintenance for the State Authority;
- hiring of staff cars for the use of the officers and officials of the State Authority;
- hiring of buildings on lease for the office establishment and residences of the offices of State Authority;
- other contingencies for management of the State Authority, with the approval of the steering committee of the State Authority;
- any other activity for management of the forests and wildlife not referred to in sub-rules (2) and (3) with the prior approval of the steering committee of the State Authority and included in the annual plan of operation.
Explanation.—Under no circumstances mixing of the interest accrued on the monies in the State Fund and money received for NPV and CA shall not be allowed with any other State budget either for capital or spill over works and the works undertaken under this rule shall be on standalone basis and there shall not be any duplication of permitted works under different components.
Functions and Powers of Executive Committee and Steering Committee are given in CAF Rules, 2018.
Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA), Haryana was constituted by Government of Haryana vide Notification No. 5330-ft-4-6/511 dated 14-10-2010.
The money received from User Agencies seeking use of Forest Land for non-forestry purpose under the Forest Conservation Act, 1980 were transferred to Central Fund managed and operated by Adhoc CAMPA. The Adhoc CAMPA released some of money to the State CAMPA for undertaking activities relating to Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Conservation of Forest and Wildlife in the State.